Managing the home involves a lot more than doing the washing and ironing, and with so many things that can go wrong, you need an army of specialists at your disposal. There are, of course, things we can do in the repair sector, and some people are more adept than others, but unless you are a professional builder, there will be times when you need some expert assistance, and very often it could be an emergency situation where time is of the essence. For the careful homeowner, here is a list of must have numbers for your smartphone memory.
1. The plumber has to be top of the list – A burst water pipe could have serious consequences, and these things tend to happen when we are least prepared. Don’t make the mistake of waiting until it happens, as running around like a headless chicken looking for the phone directory while gallons of water are spewing onto the kitchen floor, is not a good idea. If you are located in the Perth area, PlumbDog are your best bet, as they deal with any kind of plumbing emergency, as well as carrying out essential repairs and detecting leaks. Finding an emergency plumber in Perth might take a while, so record the number in your phone for easy recall.
2. An electrician will be able to sort out any fuses that blow, and can fault find any electrical issue. If you are thinking of doing any home improvements, the chances are you will need the help of an electrician. There are online companies who are on call round the clock, and if you experience a power outage at the wrong time, just give them a call and you’ll be up and running before you know it.
3. The Tree surgeon is responsible for making sure the garden shrubs and trees are well pruned and do not obstruct power cables. If a tree is severely damaged during a heavy storm, it could end up damaging your roof, so make sure you have the contact number of a reliable arborist handy at all times.
4. A Handyman is just that, it is undeniably handy to have someone who can fix just about anything, and if you undertake a home improvement project and it becomes a little difficult, the handyman will always bail you out.
5. Fire services are always ready to respond to any emergency, and if the worst happens, call them immediately, even before you try to extinguish the flames, and make sure the fire truck has adequate access before they arrive, as saving a little time might be the difference between losing your house. Every second counts, so this number should always at hand.
6. The Ambulance service exists to transport emergency patients to hospital, and with a large percentage of accidents happening at home, it is best to be safe than sorry. This number, along with other emergency numbers, should be posted in the kitchen and every family member should have these numbers in their phone memory.
Emergencies require a cool head, and with a little planning, those essential contact numbers are only a second away. It might not seem so important, but it could be the difference between life and death.