Many of us are looking for ways to increase our net worth and investing is often the first idea that comes into mind. There are lots of ways to invest our money and when there are many ways to invest, we are often left confused on how to do it. Today we will talk about 4 easy ways to invest and why you should consider these methods.
Becoming a landlord for commercial or residential properties is an easy way to jump into the investing game. Both types of landlords often have their own rules to the game. What works for residential properties won’t necessarily work for commercial.
· Residential Properties are easiest to rent out when housing is high in demand. Look for areas that are seeing an increase in population and prepping for an increase in job opportunities. Strike when the housing prices are low and make sure the rent covers the mortgage, upkeep, and taxes. If you aren’t making a profit, you will lose on your investment.
· Commercial Properties are also best in an area that is seeing an increase in population and growth spurts in the job market. However, you want to be sure that your property will be in a high traffic area so that people will want to place their business in your property. It’s often best to consult a real estate investment advisor to help you learn the ropes of commercial rentals and if what you are doing is a viable investment.
While investing in rental properties can result in a slow return on investment (ROI), it is very good for the housing market and is highly encouraged.
Stocks and Bonds
Stocks and bonds are a tried and true investment that many people have enjoyed. Your ROI is going to depend on how long you will be investing and how aggressive you invest. The more aggressive you are, the higher the risk. This translates into a situation in which you lose big. And since the stock market fluctuates often, make sure that you are not using the money you need to have for day to day bills. Rather, save up for your investment purchase. Talk to your broker about every question that comes into your head. No question is too “dumb” to ask when it comes to your money.
Have you considered investing in precious stones? If not, now is the time to consider it! It can be an easy way to invest. You won’t have to learn the stock market game and you don’t have the upkeep of a rental property. However, there are a few things to consider:
· Diamonds do well but coloured gems pack more punch in the investment game.
· A coloured gemstone should weigh more than 2 carats and command a price of $3000 or more to really earn a higher ROI.
· The rarity of the stone will lend to its value
· Buy from a trusted vendor that offers up credentials and buying history
· It helps to know about gemstones. If you don’t, now is the time to learn.
· Make sure you have independent lab credentials. Ma-made stones are worthless, natural is where it’s at.
Do be mindful of fraudulent dealers! There are plenty around and the more knowledge you have about gemstones the more you can protect yourself from a bad deal.
Often, we make investing harder than it must be. Everyone should be investing for their retirement or even for a fun vacation. Don’t rush into it; just be sure that you have saved up the money you need to invest. Do lots of research before you jump in. You want to be fully prepared for any pitfalls that could pop up along your investing journey. Most of all, enjoy it. If you aren’t enjoying it, you might need to change it up a bit.