Property For Sale Albufeira,Portugal
For sale by real estate agent - Albufeira
Property for sale
2 Plots of Rural Land for Sale in Portugal
Check latest exchange rates
ForSale SqFt Area 0Baths 0Beds
Euroresales Property iD- 9825316Land Details:Rural land just outside the town of Paderne. Split into 2 plots by country lane.There is 15640 Sam on plot 1 and 10320sqm on plot 2.There is a well which gets water from the mountain. The other plot leads to a stream.We did obtain planning permission for a villa and outbuildings .ideal Land for Site Developers or Construction.About the Area:Paderne is a civil parish in the municipality (concelho) of Albufeira, in the Portuguese subregion of the Algarve. The population in 2011 was 3,304,in an area of 52.56 km2The name Paderne derives from the lower Latin word Paterni, which means estate of Paterno.Paderne, or as it was formerly called, Paderna, was an old toponymy, whose origins were in the Lusitanian culture, signifying rough, tough, hard and intractable. The Veiga archaeological crews discovered underground galleries in the settlement that they attributed to prehistoric peoples, although local storytellers indicated that these caverns were used by Moorish peoples as barns or granaries. These galleries were once used as copper mines, but later reused by the peoples that dominated the Algarve: the Phoenicians, Romans, Goths and Arabs.Around 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) from these structures is the Castle of Paderne, constructed in the 13th century during the Almohad caliphate, a Moorish group from North Africa that dominated at the end of the 12th century. This group not only defended the settlement of Paderne, but also controlled passage into the Barrocal and coastal Algarve. Constructed from taipa, the entrance is defended by a tower and barbican.The castle was taken by Christian forces of King Sancho i, but retaken by the Moors, who kept it until 1248, when knights in the Order of St. James, under Paio Peres Correia, defeated the garrison.By regal charter, on 1 January 1305, King Denis donated the castle and clergy to the Master of Avis, Lourenco Anes; this Order of Avis also occupied Albufeira at the time.in 1575, the first reference to a parish seat in Paderne occurred, and records from the local authority show that the change from ecclesiastical seat to parish occurred around 1500. The new church continued to be a priory of the Order of Avis, even as the settlement declined in importance, a decline accelerated after the 1755 Lisbon earthquake when the fortress of Paderne was heavily damaged.The castle of Paderne was purchased in 1997 by the instituto Portugues do Patrimonio Aqruitectonico, or iPPA, the forerunner of the National Registry iGESPARContact Euroresales Ltd for more information.