Property for sale in Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan real estate offers investors a chance to enter a housing market that seeks inward foreiegn investment. Use Homesgofast.com to find , buy or sell Sri Lankan property. Find listings in the South of Sri Lanka, popular areas include Ahangama, Bentota, Galle property, Hikkaduwa , Matara and Tangalla. In the west Kalutara property.
House sales Sri Lanka
Homesgofast.com offer a unique selection of property for sale in Sri Lanka from new homes developers, real estate agents and owners. You will find apartments, houses, and land for sale from all over Sri Lanka.
Sell property from Sri Lanka Internationally
Homesgofast.com is visited by thousands of international foriegn buyers each day in search of overseas prooerty, you can use our services to help find a buyer from abroad. Our services are open to both homeowners and professionals selling property in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka house prices
Sri Lanka has no established system to report house prices. Historiaclly Sri Lanka’s overall house prices fell by 1.23% y-o-y during the year to Q2 2015 (-1.34% inflation-adjusted), and apartment prices rose by 0.7% (0.59% inflation-adjusted). In Colombo, house prices declined by 8.6% (-8.7% inflation-adjusted), and apartment prices fe
ll by 1.15% y-o-y (-1.26% inflation-adjusted), according to the same source.
Four provinces appear to have had house price increases. The Northern Province had the biggest house price increase of around 23.47%. It was followed by the Central Province (3.1%), Sabaragamuwa Province (2.9%), andWestern Province, excluding Colombo (1.2%). In contrast, the Southern Province and North West Province experienced price declines of 10.1% and 2.4%, respectively.
Investment property Sri Lanka
Today, many people are interested in the potential real estate growth in the port cities of Colombo and Hambantota. A quick study of global shipping lanes reveals the truth that has always been: every major shipping lane between Europe & Asia, the Middle East & Asia, and Africa & Asia, all pass about 11 miles off the coast of Sri Lanka. Chinese interests are investing heavily in the expansion of these two ports cities, including a plan to reclaim 575 acres from the ocean to add real estate to Colombo.While much development has focused on Colombo, improved transport infrastructure is expected to open up opportunities for property investment in areas away from the coast and Sri Lanka’s main cities. More at GlobalPropertyGuide
The Colombo-Kandy Expressway, currently under construction and due for completion in 2017, is forecast to cut travel time between the two city centres from four hours to 60 minutes or less, making the daily commute from Kandy to Colombo a viable option for those working in the capital.
The project is expected to provide benefits similar to the Southern Expressway, which first opened in 2011. The second phase of the project, linking Colombo to Matara, became operational early last year, reducing travel times on the 161-km journey from four hours to 90 minutes, according to local press.
More at Forbes.com
Legal advice when buying property or home in Sri Lanka
- Do not ever approve a binding agreement this really is written in another expressions that you don't recognize without any translation.
- Whenever there is any income benefits available at the consumer, be certain to never circumvent or miss the opportunity any legalised procedures.
- Researching and observe area legislation on purchasing and leasing out property or home
- Always insist upon a receipt for monies paid for, preferably report, not computerized; and constantly get written and published verification of the happens to be agreed upon in any negotiations on terms.
- Ensure the vendor or residence designer manages the subject deeds towards the asset or terrain and can exchange them to you. If choosing completely new, or partly designed, from a maker, be sure that the name deeds for that premises involved in fact exist
- To find out that house or ground have not been offered as collateral for virtually any funds, examine the property deeds.
- Offers the seller has exceptional electricity bills, nearby taxation requirements and many more? Could very well be accountable for that on buying of the house so check this too.
- To determine if you can find any matters you need to know of previously investing in (which include flooding during winter, absence of electricity products or drinking water in summer time), consult with other home owners around or around the development.
Much more advice here
Reselling a house don't just forget about your forex
Unless you are buying direct from your designer, ahead of the invest in should go forward you'll more than likely must opened a savings account from the desired destination area. One of our top tips to the people reselling and buying a house to those people from yet another nation is to researching currency exchange tactics. Compact change in foreign currency trade interest rates often means enormous losses because these price have massive influence on premises operations. It is always clever to accept the advice associated with a foreign currency experts who can offer you minimizes costs, publication costs and better prices than quite a few banking institutions, to negate this associated risk. This really is to assure the capital come in the perfect place if they are needed and also you get the finest swap percentage rates.
Sri Lanka Facts
Capital: Colombo note: Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte (legislative capital)
Government Type: Republic
Total Area: 25,332 Square Miles
65,610 Square Kilometers
Location: Southern Asia, island in the Indian Ocean, south of India
Language: Sinhala (official) 74%, Tamil (national language) 18%, other 8%. English is widely understood.
Sinhala (official) 74%, Tamil (national language) 18%, other 8%. English is widely understood.
Video Guide to Sri Lanka
Getting along with the Sri Lankan People
The traditional greeting is the act of placing one's palms together under the chin and bowing the head slightly. A Western handshake is also acceptable. Titles are important to Sri Lankans, and it is proper to address acquaintances by their titles. Ethnic groups may have different ways of greeting each other.