Real estate for sale in Honduras Find buy or sell beachfront land, waterfront properties, condos, apartments houses, business and land for building a house by using International real estate website HomesGoFast.com Online since 2004 we help find overseas buyers for Latin American real estate. International buyers searching for real estate listings in Honduras. Top searches for real estate in Honduras include real estate listing for sale in Atlanida, La Ceiba, Roatan, Colon, Intibuca,Tegucigalpa, Bay Islands, Roatan Island in Honduras Why do foreigners buy real estate in Honduras? The overall cost of living in Honduras is about one-third to one-half of the rest of Central America. Property taxes and utility costs are very low, and there is no income tax on money earned outside the country. This allows most investors to either buy more property and maintenance help for their money or to get by on a smaller income. Expat video of his life in ...
Welcome to Honduras
Real estate for sale in Honduras
Find buy or sell beachfront land, waterfront properties, condos, apartments houses, business and land for building a house by using International real estate website HomesGoFast.com Online since 2004 we help find overseas buyers for Latin American real estate. International buyers searching for real estate listings in Honduras.
Top searches for real estate in Honduras include real estate listing for sale in Atlanida, La Ceiba, Roatan, Colon, Intibuca,Tegucigalpa, Bay Islands, Roatan Island in Honduras
Why do foreigners buy real estate in Honduras?
The overall cost of living in Honduras is about one-third to one-half of the rest of Central America. Property taxes and utility costs are very low, and there is no income tax on money earned outside the country. This allows most investors to either buy more property and maintenance help for their money or to get by on a smaller income.
Expat video of his life in Roatan
Real estate available in Sandy Bay Roatan Honduras and a glimpse into the life of a foreigner who has moved to Honduras
Retiring to Honduras
Looking to retire? Trujillo deserves a good look it could be the next boom town for Honduras real estate. The beaches here are wide and soft and the peninsula of Cabo de Honduras culminates in Puerto Castilla, one of Honduras’ modern port facilities. From the town of Trujillo, the bay curves around in a semicircle, so you can see the port across the bay from anywhere in town. Find Roatan Caribbean Waterfront Dream Cottages, super fishing retreats, Beachfront land
Real life account of a retiree who moved from Canada
A senior citizen recalls how life is for here on Roatan, the people, her lifestyle and medical care and how Roatan helps her live on a pension
Caribbean real estate that's affordable
Honduras offers a unique opportunity to own a piece of the Caribbean for the prices of a one-bed apartment in most cities. Homesgofast.com have sold the following types of real estate listings
- Beach Front Land With Electric And Water In Place For Sale in Laceiba, Atlantida Honduras less than $100,000 USD
- Ocean View Property With 12 Acres For Sale In Trujillo less than $120,000 USD
- Beach Resort For Sale in La Ceiba, Atlantida Honduras
- Waterfront Homs With Guest Cabin For Sale in Roatan, Bay Islands Honduras
- Ocean/River Houses For Sale in El Porvenir, Atlantida Honduras
- Beach Front For Sale in La Ceiba, Atlanida Honduras
- Farm/Ranch For Sale in La Esperanza, Intibuca Honduras
- Family Apartments For Sale in Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Beachfront Duplex For Sale in Balfate, Colon Honduras
- Scuba Diving Resorts For Sale in Roatan Island, Bay Islands, Roatan Island Honduras
Can foreigners own real estate Buying in Honduras
Foreign investors, as individuals, can only purchase up to three-quarters of an acre of Honduran land and must start to build on that land within three years.
There are also restrictions on buying land within 40kms of the coastline or international borders.
You can own more land without these restrictions by forming a Honduran corporation. A Honduran attorney can perform the legal work to create the corporation. By forming this corporation, you are entitled to all the rights of a Honduran citizen regarding ownership of your property.
How much to buy a Property in Honduras
House prices in Honduras are best gauged but what’s is available on the market at this time. Search property websites selling Honduras real estate or when visiting drive to the areas that you like and talk to several real estate agents in Honduras. Official house prices are hard to come by which could be too your advantage. A good blog that explains about life in Honduras is at http://lagringasblogicito.blogspot.co.uk/
What are the legal fees to buy real estate
A real estate agent and a local lawyer are essential in purchasing a property. Initial steps before having any property titled, include the verification of the property background in the registry and making sure that municipal taxes such as the Real Estate Property Tax have been paid. Then the notary, who charges around 3% to 5% of the market value of the property, issues the preliminary deed. After which the 1.5% transfer tax and 0.15% registration fee are paid at a bank. Registration at a property office and the change of ownership in the Cadastre office follow.
The whole process of registering a property can be completed in around 22 days.
More at GlobalPropertyGuide
List of Islands in Honduras
- Caribbean islands (all part of Islas de la Bahía Department)
- Bobel Cay
- Cayos Cochinos (Islas de la Bahía)
- Islas de la Bahía
- Guanaja (Islas de la Bahía)
- Roatán (Islas de la Bahía) (Isla Roatan)
- Barbaretta (Islas de la Bahía Department)
- Utila (Islas de la Bahía)
- Port Royal Cay
- Savanna Cay
- Cayo Sur
- Swan Islands
- Pacific islands (part of Valle department)
Buying an Island in Honduras
Need to escape the rat race and get away from it all on a Robinson Crusoe style Island? well here is the opportunity buying an island is possible as a foreigner and even more affordable than you may think
You should only do this with a local Honduran real estate agents and attorneys and follow a few basic steps:
- Verify the property history on the property registry, and make sure all tax payments are up-to-date and the title is clean.
- Notarize the preliminary deed to the property. (The notary fee is 3-5%.)
- Pay the 1.5% transfer tax and the 0.15% registration fee at a bank
- Register the property at a property office. Then the official change of ownership will be filed with the Cadastre office, and you will receive a publicly registered document to that effect.
Top tips when buying a property in Honduras
- research and follow local laws on buying and renting out property
- always get written confirmation of what has been agreed in any negotiations and always insist on a paper (preferably not electronic) receipt for monies paid
- check that the seller or property developer owns the title deeds to the property or land and can transfer them to you. If buying brand new, or partially built, from a developer, check that the title deeds for the property in question actually exist
- check that the deeds to the property or land have not been offered as collateral for any loans
- check whether the owner has outstanding utility bills, local tax demands etc that you may be liable for on purchase of the property
- check that all utilities e.g. water, sewage and electricity, are connected and that you will be able to use them
- talk to other property owners in the area or on the development to establish if there are any issues you should be aware of before purchasing (such as floods in winter, lack of water or electricity supplies in summer)
- ask the developer to show you some projects that s/he has completed and talk to owners of properties on these developments to see if they have had any problems
- establish whether the developer has outstanding commitments to utility suppliers to bring water, sewage, electricity etc to the development
The Island of Utila great for Scuba Diving
The island of Utila attracts scuba divers worldwide who love the clear waters and relaxed atmosphere , Homesgofast.com have helped put those seeking to buy a business on Utila together with sellers. Imagine owning your own Scuba diving centre!
Property Email Alerts
Receive email alerts as soon as we have new listings available that match your search.