Property for sale Greece
Find property for sale from Greece being sold by owners, agents, and Greek property developers. Find properties from all over Greece including the mainland, Greek Islands , Crete, and Athens. Cheap Greek property and luxury homes ideal as a holiday home in Greece is easier to find thanks to Homesgofast.com which is now one of the world most established overseas real estate websites . Our visitors come from all over the world many with the intention of finding Greek property listings, low cost housing, holiday homes, investment properties, and second homes abroad. Our property listings come from Greek real estate agents, property developers, Greek property websites and Greece home owners seeking to sell property to international buyers.
Greek property buying advice
“ The Greek debt situation means that right now Greece could offer a superb long term investment especially in locations where tourism is strong. To stimulate the market the Greek government reduced property transfer tax (on resale properties) from 8-10 per cent to 3 per cent of the value of the property. For new build properties you pay VAT of 23 per cent instead of purchase tax. EU nationals can freely purchase property in Greece, while there are a few restrictions for non-EU nationals as always it is important that you retain the services of a competent lawyer to assist you in a purchase and I would recommend a lawyer works independently of other parties involved in the transaction”
Nick Marr – Homesgofast.com
For sale in Greece by owners
Homesgofast.,com offer Greek property for sale direct from the owners who advertise their Greek homes for sale by advertising them on our website. Owners who sell their property in Greece privately benefit from accessing overseas international buyers and buyers find low cost Greek property and a unique range of properties for sale not found on other websites.
Where to buy property in Greece
Over the years we have found that Homesgofast.com visitors love these locations to buy property in Greece
- Aegean Islands property
- Crete property
- Dodecanese islands property
- Eastern Macedonia and Thrace property
- Evvoia property
- Ionian Islands property
- Mainland property
- Nikiana property
- Peloponnese property
- Saronic Gulf property
Homes To Buy in Spain
Our international buyers are people that are motivated and many needing find international real estate for investment, relocation, moving abroad , retirement and to buy holiday homes abroad. Used by thousands of people each day we are the place for people looking to invest abroad or make the move overseas. We have thousands of buyers receiving our property alerts and are putting buyers and sellers together everyday.
Best places to buy property in Greece
Popular locations with overseas buyers are
Buying international real estate
Find some of the best deal in Greece by signing up to our property alerts join those who have saved money by being the first to know when a property is listed with Homesgofast.com . Thousands of subscribers use overseas property alerts so they don’t miss out on new listings posted by developers, agents and individuals
Cheap property in Greek Islands
Investors and second home buyers can still find cheap property for sale, buying a property in the Greek Islands can prove to be great value. Local owners , real estate agents, and banks who own respossed Greek property are all sources that can offer cheap properties in Greece
The most popular areas for cheap property in Greece are Crete, Corfu, the Peloponnese, Mykonos, Kefalonia, Rhodes and Zante.
- Crete - largest and most popular Greek island with excellent year around weather and great value for money.
- Corfu – a Greek Ionian island on the west coast of Greece with British and Italian influences.
- The Peloponnese – the southern Greek mainland, connected to the rest of the Greek mainland by a small strip of land at Corinth.
- Mykonos – known as the chic party island of Greece, on a par with Ibiza and St Tropez.
- Kefalonia – south of Corfu, this Ionian island has some excellent beaches.
- Rhodes – in the south eastern Mediterranean, this Dodecanese Island is known as the island of the sun.
- Zante – a small Ionian island famous for its Sea Turtles. Much of this island is untouched by tourism.
Selling Greek property to foreign buyers
Our advice when selling a property from Greece to international buyers is to
Present your property well by using good quality photographs. When writing your description always include how close the property is to major transport links such roads, stations and airports. Always consider who the buyer might be. Many overseas buyers buy property as a second home or investment. In this case think about what the property would offer an investor and holidaymaker. Never over price to test the market! This is one of the biggest mistakes owners make when the sell a property online. Buyers will always compare one property against another and the internet makes this easy to do. Always invite people to make an enquiry so they can learn more about the property for sale. Finally consider taking a video of the property to show potential buyers so they can see fully the property.
Legal advice when buying property in Greece
- Never sign a contract that is written in another language that you don’t understand without a translation.
- Don’t miss out or circumvent any legal procedures for cash benefits offered by the buyer
- Research and follow local laws on buying and renting out property
- Always get written confirmation of what has been agreed in any negotiations and always insist on a paper (preferably not electronic) receipt for monies paid
- Check that the seller or property developer owns the title deeds to the property or land and can transfer them to you. If buying brand new, or partially built, from a developer, check that the title deeds for the property in question actually exist
- Check that the deeds to the property or land have not been offered as collateral for any loans
- Check whether the owner has outstanding utility bills, local tax demands etc that you may be liable for on purchase of the property
- Talk to other property owners in the area or on the development to establish if there are any issues you should be aware of before purchasing (such as floods in winter, lack of water or electricity supplies in summer)
More advice here
Selling a Greek property don’t forget about your currency
One of our top tips to people selling and buying a property to people from another country is to research currency exchange methods. Property transactions are all vulnerable to foreign currency exchange rates and small fluctuation can mean huge losses. To negate this risk its always wise to take the advice of a foreign currency specialists who can book rates, provide lowers fees and better rates than many banks. Unless you are buying direct from a developer, before the purchase can go ahead you'll almost certainly need to open a bank account in the destination country. The aim is to ensure that you get the best exchange rates and that the funds are in the right place when they are needed. Visit Currency Zone
Advertising Property to International Buyers
Homesgofast.com has been successfully putting buyers and sellers together online since 2002! Our listings are promoted on multiple property websites. We have a huge niche audience many of which arrive at our site by searching ‘Homes Go Fast” . Consistently popular property searches made by overseas buyers seeking Spanish property at Homesgofast.com include: property for sale greece sea view, greek real estate for sale, holiday homes for sale in Greece, buy greek property, property for sale in greece by owners, greek island properties for sale, greece property for sale by the beach.
Government Type: Parliamentary republic
Total Area: 50,949 Square Miles
131,957 Square Kilometers
Location: Southern Europe, bordering the Aegean Sea, Ionian Sea, and the Mediterranean Sea, between Albania and Turkey
Language: Greek (official) 99%
Greek (official) 99%.
Video Guide to Greece
Getting along with the Greek People
Friends and relatives usually hug and kiss when they greet one another. Otherwise, people shake hands. Young men often slap each other on the back or arm instead of shaking hands. Close friends and family members are called by their first names, but acquaintances and strangers are addressed by their title.
Where to find more out about Greece