Property for sale Belize
Best selection of homes and land for sale from across Belize find apartments, villas, condos and houses all for sale in Belize. Searching for property in Belize is easier thanks to Homesgofast.com which is now one of the world most established overseas real estate websites with Belize property. Our visitors come from all over the world many with the intention of finding cheap property, low cost housing, holiday homes, investment properties, and second homes abroad. Our property listings come from Belize real estate agents, property developers and homeowners seeking to sell property to international buyers.
Top property to buy in Belize
Whether you looking for beach front Investment Land for sale from an area such Corozal Belize to luxury property in a locations such as Ambergris Caye Belize offers some hard to beat opportunities. Belize real estate prices, compared to other Caribbean countries compare favourable . Close proximity to North America is also another compelling factor in choosing Belize as a retirement or holiday home investment.
Homes To Buy in Belize
Our international buyers are people that are motivated and many needing find international real estate for investment, relocation, moving abroad , retirement and to buy holiday homes abroad. Used by thousands of people each day we are the place for people looking to invest abroad or make the move overseas. We have thousands of buyers receiving our property alerts and are putting buyers and sellers together everyday.
Best places to buy property in Belize
Belize is only a 2 hour flight from Miami, 2.5 hours from Houston, 3.5 hours from New York, and 4 hours from San Francisco. The inner coastal waters are shallow and are sheltered by a line of coral reefs, dotted with islets called 'cayes', extending almost the entire length of the country. Belize boasts the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world! Buying a property for investment could mean searching for beachfront property.
Buying international real estate
Find some of the best deal in Belize by signing up to our property alerts join those who have saved money by being the first to know when a property is listed with Homesgofast.com . Thousands of subscribers use overseas property alerts so they don’t miss out on new listings posted by developers, agents and individuals.
Selling Belize property to foreign buyers
Our advice when selling a property from Spain to international buyers is to
Present your property well by using good quality photographs. When writing your description always include how close the property is to major transport links such roads, stations and airports. Always consider who the buyer might be. Many overseas buyers buy property as a second home or investment. In this case think about what the property would offer an investor and holidaymaker. Never over price to test the market! This is one of the biggest mistakes owners make when the sell a property online. Buyers will always compare one property against another and the internet makes this easy to do. Always invite people to make an enquiry so they can learn more about the property for sale. Finally consider taking a video of the property to show potential buyers so they can see fully the property.
Legal advice when buying property in Belize
Important: When purchasing property anywhere... it is best that purchase deposits are held by a licensed attorney as escrow agent, to be sure your funds are safe and professionally handled. Additionally, all closing costs and fees relating to the purchase should be disclosed in writing prior to signing a contract and providing a deposit to the escrow agent.
- There are no restrictions on non-citizens or non-residents owning property. Foreigners can own property in Belize and receive Fee Simple Title. A non-Belizean as the same rights as a Belize to own property or a business.
- Belize is renowned as one of the easiest countries in Central America for foreign buyers.
- There are no capital gains taxes, no inheritance tax and low property taxes.
- The country operates as a member of the British Commonwealth.
- Since the official language is English, contracts are easy to understand making the purchasing process more comfortable. Laws are written in English as well.
More advice at http://www.belizeretirementguide.com/about_belize.htm
General advice about buying overseas property
- Never sign a contract that is written in another language that you don’t understand without a translation.
- Don’t miss out or circumvent any legal procedures for cash benefits offered by the buyer
- Research and follow local laws on buying and renting out property
- Always get written confirmation of what has been agreed in any negotiations and always insist on a paper (preferably not electronic) receipt for monies paid
- Check that the seller or property developer owns the title deeds to the property or land and can transfer them to you. If buying brand new, or partially built, from a developer, check that the title deeds for the property in question actually exist
- Check that the deeds to the property or land have not been offered as collateral for any loans
- Check whether the owner has outstanding utility bills, local tax demands etc that you may be liable for on purchase of the property
- Talk to other property owners in the area or on the development to establish if there are any issues you should be aware of before purchasing (such as floods in winter, lack of water or electricity supplies in summer).
More advice here
Selling a Belize property don’t forget about your currency
One of our top tips to people selling and buying a property to people from another country is to research currency exchange methods. Property transactions are all vulnerable to foreign currency exchange rates and small fluctuation can mean huge losses. To negate this risk its always wise to take the advice of a foreign currency specialists who can book rates, provide lowers fees and better rates than many banks. Unless you are buying direct from a developer, before the purchase can go ahead you'll almost certainly need to open a bank account in the destination country. The aim is to ensure that you get the best exchange rates and that the funds are in the right place when they are needed.
Advertising Property to International Buyers
Homesgofast.com has been successfully putting buyers and sellers together online since 2002! Our listings are promoted on multiple property websites. WE have a huge niche audience many of which arrive at our site by searching ‘Homes Go Fast” . Consistently popular property searches made by overseas buyers seeking Belize real estate at Homesgofast.com include, belize property prices, belize property for sale by owner, belize property for sale, houses for sale in belize, land for sale belize, belize real estate listings.
Government Type: Parliamentary democracy and a Commonwealth realm
Total Area: 8,867 Square Miles
22,966 Square Kilometers
Location: Central America, bordering the Caribbean Sea, between Guatemala and Mexico
Language: English (official), Spanish, Mayan, Garifuna (Carib), Creole
English (official), Spanish, Mayan, Garifuna (Carib), Creole
Video Guide to Belize
Getting along with the Belizean People
It is considered rude to greet people in Belize by their first names unless you know them well. Acceptable greetings in Belize include handshakes, pats on the back,and to show great appreciation, a kiss on the cheek.
Where to find more out about Belize