Antigua and Barbuda Property
Find property from the Caribbean Island Antigua with a great selection of homes for sale offered by the best property developers and Antiguan real estate agent. Homesgopfast.com has been putting international buyers together with both professionals and home owners since 2002. Our visitors come from all over the world many with the intention of finding luxury Caribbean property, cheap land for sale for house building, low cost housing, holiday homes, investment properties, and second homes abroad. Our selection of homes is updated constantly and the most successful buyers sign up for our property alerts .
Antigua Tourist become home buyers
Homesgofast.com buyers are often tourists first and Antigua is no exception Antigua’s appeal lies firmly in its turquoise sea and white-sand beaches . It’s an easy place for British home buyers, with direct flights from the UK, a British history which means everyone speaks English and a familiar legal system. It’s less developed than Barbados and far cheaper, though no less beautiful.
Investment property in Antigua
All savvy property investors know that the profits begin with a good purchase and buying while the market is not at its peak in a obvoiuse choice. Prices have fallen by 30 per cent since their peak, so now is a good time to bargain hunt, especially around Jolly Harbour.
How to sell property in Antigua to foreign buyers
Our advice when selling a property from Spain to international buyers is to
Present your property well by using good quality photographs. When writing your description always include how close the property is to major transport links such roads, stations and Antigua’s airport. Always consider who the buyer might be. Many overseas buyers buy property as a second home or investment. In this case think about what the property would offer an investor and holidaymaker. Property developers will always need to explain why Antigua is a better place to buy property compared to other Caribbean islands. Government incentives such as visa advantages are always attractive to overseas property investors. Mention exit plans and how easy it would be to sell the investment property.
Never over price! This is one of the biggest mistakes owners make when the sell a property online. Buyers will always compare one property against another and the internet makes this easy to do. Always invite people to make an enquiry so they can learn more about the property for sale. Finally consider taking a video of the property to show potential buyers so they can see fully the property.
Promoting a home don't ignore your currency money
Some tips to remember for people supplying and purchasing a home to people from some other place is to researching currency exchange options. Real estate transactions are all at risk from foreign currency swap costs and small change often means big loss. To negate this danger it is often practical to take the advice of a foreign exchange professionals who are able to reserve fees, offer you brings down prices and much better interest rates than quite a few lenders. Unless you are purchasing steer from a creator, until the order can go onward you'll more than likely want to open up a bank account in the desired destination nation. The aim is to actually get the very best change premiums knowing that the cash will be in the ideal place while they are necessary.
How to buy property in Antigua
- To purchase property in Antigua, non-citizens need to apply for a licence which costs 5% of the purchase price.
- The buyer pays government transfer fees of 2.5%.
- For land purchase, compliance with the details of the non-citizen’s licence is required and building work must be completed within a given timescale or tax penalties may occur.
- Rates and property taxes are based on rental value.
- The majority of property is fee simple or freehold. Leaseholds are rare and usually held by the Crown.
- Legal costs vary between 1% and 2% depending on property value.
- Properties are registered at the Land Registry. There is no title insurance.
- Bank financing is available but interest rates in Antigua are fairly high compared with the US & Europe.
- Houses are usually serviced with a septic tank. Water cisterns are required. The majority of properties are serviced by government electricity and water, cable TV, telephone and broadband.
Legal advice when buying property in Antigua
- Never sign a contract that is written in another language that you don’t understand without a translation.
- Don’t miss out or circumvent any legal procedures for cash benefits offered by the buyer
- Research and follow local laws on buying and renting out property
- Always get written confirmation of what has been agreed in any negotiations and always insist on a paper (preferably not electronic) receipt for monies paid
- Check that the seller or property developer owns the title deeds to the property or land and can transfer them to you. If buying brand new, or partially built, from a developer, check that the title deeds for the property in question actually exist
- Check that the deeds to the property or land have not been offered as collateral for any loans
- Check whether the owner has outstanding utility bills, local tax demands etc that you may be liable for on purchase of the property
- Talk to other property owners in the area or on the development to establish if there are any issues you should be aware of before purchasing (such as floods in winter, lack of water or electricity supplies in summer)
More advice here:
Advertising Property to International Buyers
Homesgofast.com has been successfully putting buyers and sellers together online since 2002! Our listings are promoted on multiple property websites. WE have a huge niche audience many of which arrive at our site by searching ‘Homes Go Fast” . “Property for sale in Antigua” Advertise your development, property listings or home abroad to those looking to those buying abroad, investing in overseas property or looking to buy a holiday home.
Antigua And Barbuda Facts
Capital: Saint John's
Government Type: Constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system of government and a Commonwealth realm
Total Area: 171 Square Miles
443 Square Kilometers
Location: Caribbean, islands between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, east-southeast of Puerto Rico
Language: English (official), local dialects
English (official), local dialects.
Video guide to Antigua And Barbuda
Getting along with the Antiguan People
Aunty and Uncle are sometimes used as terms of respect when addressing someone older. A woman may be addressed with Mistress.
Where to find more out about Antigua And Barbuda