UK entrepreneurs considering expanding or starting up a business overseas are being offered free advice from experts at an exhibition in London’s Excel. ‘Business Start-up Overseas’ is a brand new event launched specifically to help people undertake the huge task of starting a business abroad. The exhibitions taking place on 27th and 28th April 2007 are free to attend. The organisers also aim to assist companies in expanding a business internationally or trade overseas.
Recent reports in the media and in particular in the ITV television documentary Tonight with Trevor McDonald saw several British business hopefuls conned out of their money with promises of US Visa along with a chance to own their own businesses in Florida.
Start-up Overseas will run alongside the established Business Start-up event. Now in its seventh year, it's the first and undisputedly biggest and most comprehensive event for start-up and growing companies, bringing them together with hundreds of people and organisations which can help them to get going... and to succeed.
At Business Start-up Overseas the organisers state that business hopefuls will be able to
- Meet hundreds of public and private organisations which can help you start or expand your business abroad
- seek expert answers to the specific questions you have about your chosen destination and business
- Choose from a range of seminars covering everything from banking abroad to web-enabled commerce, and every stop in between
- Register for specialist, interactive workshops, each of which explores the specific challenges and opportunities of a particular region
- Review their business plans and ideas with enthusiastic experts
- Meet others who've tried and tested the theory of starting up overseas and learn from their fortunes and failings
- Forge valuable new business and personal contacts for your new life
One part of any successful business trading overseas is organistaion of efficient currency transfers. Currency fluctuations can often disrupt the best-laid business plans of companies who trade internationally, directly affecting the value of their overseas contracts, payments and receipts.
Yet despite the obvious benefits, companies often overlook the value of using expert foreign exchange dealing services to manage their currency requirements.
Moneycorp will help your business manage its foreign currency exposure to improve profitability, avoid risk and gain competitive advantage.
"In a fast moving and competitive industry, Moneycorp provides us with the peace of mind that comes from dealing with a well established company. Our personal Dealer knows our business and understands our currency needs."
Debbie Cox - Finance Director - Print and Advertising Company - Moneycorp customer
Foreign Currency advice at Moneycorp
Free tickets are available for the event at http://www.startupoverseas.co.uk/index.asp