When it comes to buying a property in Istanbul, there are many factors to consider to ensure that you are making a wise investment. From the location and condition of the property to legal documentation and future developments, it is important to do your research and consider all aspects of the purchase.
When buying a flat in Istanbul, some important points to consider include:
1. Location: Look for a flat that is located in a safe and desirable neighborhood, close to public transportation and amenities like supermarkets and schools.
2. Condition of the property: Make sure to inspect the property thoroughly and check for any structural or cosmetic issues that may need to be addressed.
3. Title deeds and legal documentation: Make sure that the flat you are buying has a clear title and that all legal documentation is in order.
4. Price and payment terms: Compare prices and payment terms with other properties in the area to ensure that you are getting a fair deal.
5. Future developments: Research any planned developments in the area, such as new transportation projects or real estate developments, which can affect the value of the property in the future.
6. Resale potential: Consider the potential for resale of the property in the future, as well as the investment potential.
7. Tax and Insurance: Research the tax and insurance costs associated with owning a property in Istanbul, so that you can budget accordingly.
8. Hire a lawyer: Hire a lawyer to help you navigate the legal process, and to ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
In the regional report prepared considering the city of Istanbul, it was observed that the prices of the houses for sale increased by 173.83% as of the end of December 2022. While the average price of the houses for sale with the same features is 147.175,29 USD, the average size of the house for sale is calculated as 120 m².
The average m² unit price of the residences for sale in Istanbul is 1.226,46 USD as of the end of December 2022. Recovering the cost of the houses for sale with the same characteristics, that is, the amortization period is calculated as 18 years.
How Are Apartment Prices Determined in Istanbul?
Determining apartment prices in Istanbul can be a complex process, as it depends on a variety of factors such as location, size, view, and condition of the apartment. The location of an apartment is considered one of the most important factors, as apartments located in more central and desirable neighborhoods command higher prices. The size of the apartment, measured in square meters, also plays a role in determining its price, with larger apartments typically costing more than smaller ones. The view from an apartment can also affect its price, with apartments boasting a view of the Bosphorus or city skyline commanding higher prices. Additionally, the age and condition of an apartment, as well as the building it is located in, and the overall state of the real estate market, can also affect its price. In this article, we will take a closer look at how apartment prices are determined in Istanbul and how these factors come into play.
The factors that determine prices are listed below:
1. Location: The location of an apartment in Istanbul is one of the most important factors that determines its price. Apartments located in more central, popular, and desirable neighborhoods such as Taksim, Sisli, and Levent, are generally more expensive than those located in less central or less popular areas. For example, an apartment in Taksim would be more expensive than an apartment in a less central area like Umraniye.
2. Apartment size: The size of an apartment, measured in square meters, also plays a role in determining its price. Larger apartments with more rooms and space will typically cost more than smaller apartments. For example, a 100-square-meter apartment would cost more than a 50-square-meter apartment.
3. Apartment view: The view from an apartment can also affect its price. An apartment with a view of the Bosphorus or the city skyline would generally be more expensive than an apartment with no view or a view of a less attractive area.
4. Listing: The listing of an apartment can also affect its price. For example, a luxury apartment with high-end finishes and amenities would generally be listed at a higher price than a basic apartment with minimal finishes and amenities.
5. Building Age: The age of the building where the apartment is located also plays a role in determining its price. Newer buildings are generally more expensive than older ones.
6. Condition of the Apartment: The condition of the apartment also matters. A newly renovated apartment in good condition would be more expensive than an apartment that needs renovation.
What are the Price Ranges of Apartments in Istanbul?
The price ranges for apartments in Istanbul can vary greatly depending on the location, size, and amenities of the property. On the low end, a one-bedroom apartment in a less desirable area of the city can cost around 110.000 USD to 130.000 USD. On the high end, a luxury apartment in a central or upscale neighborhood can cost upwards of 1 million USD or more. Additionally, prices of rent can vary greatly as well, a studio apartment in the city center can cost around 700 USD to 1.000 USD per month, while a three-bedroom apartment can cost around 2.000 USD to 3.000 USD. It's important to note that prices can fluctuate depending on the time of year and demand.
In Which Districts of Istanbul Should You Buy Apartments?
When considering purchasing an apartment in Istanbul, it is important to research different neighborhoods and districts in the city to find one that best suits your needs and preferences. Some popular and desirable districts for buying apartments in Istanbul include:
Besiktas: Known for its luxury properties, waterfront location, and proximity to the city center.
Sisli: A central district with a mix of older and newer properties, as well as a variety of shops and restaurants.
Levent: A modern and upscale neighborhood with many new high-rise buildings and a large ex-pat community.
Maslak: A newer, primarily residential district with many luxury properties and modern amenities.
Etiler: Known for its upscale, family-friendly atmosphere and proximity to the Bosphorus Strait.
It is always a good idea to consult with a local real estate agent for more information about specific neighborhoods and to get a sense of current market trends. Istanbul Property as a leading real estate agent in Turkey is ready to help you.
Homesgofast.com is an international real estate portal and news source for Google news. Publishing international real estate, finance, homes and travel-related news and blogs for a targeted audience since 2002. Each news item is circulated to thousands of potential readers each day and is also available to the millions of people who sign up for Google news alerts. Find homes offered for sale and to rent direct from owners and some of the best real estate agents from over 35 countries