Selling a home can be daunting. There are so many factors to consider and so many mistakes can be made. The process can take weeks, months, and even years if the timing is wrong and the market is bad. Everyone wants their home to sell quickly and without very much effort, but the actual secret is effort. The more you put into the process, the easier it is to succeed. If you truly want to sell your home fast, there are three things you need to keep in mind:
1. Pick the right selling strategy.
2. Price the house correctly.
3. Prepare and repair your home.
Pick The Right Selling Strategy
When selling a house, there are at least three options a homeowner can choose when placing their house on the market. They can opt to sell their homestead themselves, list their home with a real estate agent, or sell their home to a wholesaler. There are advantages and disadvantages to each category, so choose well to avoid a lifetime mistake.
· For sale by owner may get the highest return at the closing table of a sale, but the work that must accompany can be exhausting and intimidating. Through this method, the homeowner is solely responsible for marketing their prize possession in the newspapers, on the internet, and with front yard signs. They may be taking the middleman out of the equation, but they’re also the only one fielding offers, making endless phone calls, and working tiring negotiations. No one will be taking their commission, but the overall payoff may be limited, too.
· Realtors are in the job of selling houses. That’s what they do. The secret is to find one who has been successful in the past and remains in good standing for the future. When choosing a realtor to sell a house, do the necessary research. Compare one agency over another. Consider someone who has been in the community for a long time. Search online for realtors who have plenty of positive reviews. Then pick out five of those top producers to see who can help you sell your home the fastest. It might take a little extra work online, but the end result may be very profitable.
· Selling your home to a wholesaler can be beneficial if you’re in an extreme hurry to sell your estate. Wholesalers perform their duties by lining up cash buyers who are interested in buying houses. The wholesaler has their list of houses that they put under contract and then conveys their information to the cash buyer, who has their own list of properties that they want. The two of them meet and greet and work out an arrangement. The advantage to this process is that your house can be sold extremely quickly, but you will not get top dollar for the sale.
Price The House Correctly
While negotiating with others to buy your house, it’s important to price your home properly. For various reasons, most people market their homes at a higher selling price. Then the haggling begins. One offer is given, then a counteroffer is returned. It may or may not be accepted. This ritual can go on and on and on until someone gives up, or someone is victorious. To avoid such a delay in selling your home, price your home reasonably. Study other houses in your area for their selling prices. Being realistic with your pricing can eliminate the time-consuming hassle of waiting for another bid on your house. Make a judgment call and list your house for what you want it to be and that’s it.
Prepare And Repair Your Home
Finally, in order to sell your house as fast as possible, prepare it for the best sale ever. Do the work. Clean it from top to bottom, from the attic to the basement. Get rid of the clutter and the excess items that aren’t needed. What are you keeping that broken table for? Are you going to take it with you when you leave? Throw that stuff away. Fix up all those little nuances that have been put off, like painting the hallway or sealing up a leaky faucet. No one wants to buy a house that’s dirty, stuffed with old newspapers and bottles, with streaks of grime cascading down the wall. Look at your house as if you were the buyer. Then prepare your house for that sale. Although it will take some money to repair and renovate, you’ll be saving money in the end.
In conclusion, selling a house can be one of the hardest things to do in life and can take so much time to finish the deed. However, if you want to sell your home fast, keep in mind the three P’s: Pick, Price, and Prepare. It will save you time and energy, while possibly making you lots of money.